1/365 - quiet evening

July 1, 2014
I've been thinking about it for a while now and finally decided to go for it... a new 365 project. I love that it forces you to pick up your camera every single day, even when nothing special is happening. This time the project is meant to be for no one but myself. I don't want the extra pressure of trying to get 'Flickr-worthy' photos, keeping me from taking risks and afraid to fail. When shooting or choosing photos for the day, I don't want to limit myself to what I think other people may like. I know you shouldn't to begin with, but I did, for a big part and I want to let go. I just want to document the days, embrace the chaos and shoot from the heart. That is exactly the reason why I will be posting these on my blog, where it can't be favorited, or liked, which I really don't want to influence me. There is no right or wrong. I will not be creating gorgeous photos every day, and that's okay. In the end, for me, it's all about finding joy in the ordinary.

“The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. One is unable to notice something because it is always before one’s eyes.” 
― Ludwig Wittgenstein


ps. of course the occasional shot might make it to Flickr or Facebook, but if you want to see it all you have to take a peek here every now and then. I'll add a 365 page to this blog to collect them all in one place. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo